Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Oh yes! It's that time of year in my little part of the world. Although it's not officially spring yet, Mother Nature has begun her work in this next growth cycle. The sun is shining a little more; coaxing life from sleep. The winds continue to scrub away old debris. As the heavens have opened up, the earth is recieving a deep and rich soaking. The rivers are over-flowing with energy and every where you look nature is sprouting and budding; the gray of winter is steadily coming back into full color.

In my last post, I spoke of how I've been mildly ill for oh too long now. In the midst of this "illness," I remembered a friend once commenting that she viewed illness as the body's natural way of detoxing. I'm trying to keep this in mind as I move through this cold/flu/fever/whatever. Synchronistically, I ran into my friend, Ann, for a brief moment at the grocery store a few days after remembering her remarks.  Later that week she ended up commenting the very same sentiment in response to my blog. I have this little game I play that when three "hits" on a certain subject show up in my life, I imagine that "spirit" is working to get my attention or to verify an experience I've been going through. So, I'm going with the idea that my body is doing it's own spring cleaning or detox and I am continuing to be gentle with myself to support the process.

This little event has also inspired me to begin a new feature where I will "Spotlight" some of the inspiring people in our community. I have certainly benefited from the wisdom and talents of so many and am excited about the opportunity to pass on their insights. Ann has graciously and enthusiastically offered to be my first "Spotlight." We'll be working on a little interview this month so that I can share this remarkable woman with you. Helen Keller said it well, "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." 


Happy Spring Cleaning, Detoxing, Fasting and Whatever Else you might be doing to transition from the season of winter to spring. Look for Ann Segal's interview to come. In the meantime you can visit her website at www.annsegalphotography.com

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I always love to hear from you and I look forward to hearing from Ann too.

    ReplyDelete