Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why do Yoga?

Why not?!?

OK, so really why Yoga?...  Yoga for a million and one reasons! I came to Yoga when two separate paths converged at one transformational space. I found myself unexpectedly teaching yoga before I really knew what it was (more on that another day) and practicing yoga myself for pain relief. Yoga changed my life in so many positive ways.  I truly believe everyone can benefit from some type of yoga because it is such a diverse, empowering, and harmonizing field of insight. You'll hear a lot more on this along the way if you stay tuned to this blog but what you should know is that for as many personalities as there are in the world there are just as many "personalities" of yoga practice. Some are fast and flowing, others are precise and challenging, and still others are easy and relaxing. What I wanted to offer today is the most basic form of yoga I can think of. I'm attaching a link to the "Inspirations" page of my website. If you scroll down, you can click on the link "Anyone - Anywhere Yoga Chart."  http://www.flourishunlimited.com/inspirations.html

This chart has just a few very easy and basic yoga-inspired stretches designed to help you combat the less than ideal postures and habits we all experience most days. Because we spend so much time in a modified fetal position throughout the day, our bodies suffer effects from poor posture. By sitting at our desks, in couches and in the car for extended periods of time, we end up tightening the muscles of our hips, chests, shoulders and necks. As these muscle groups get tight, the core muscles of our trunks get weak. This combination often leads to back, neck and shoulder pain. Just a few movements done with self-awareness can help you bring your body, mind and heart back into better alignment. Yoga is fast and effective and I hope you'll try this short, easy routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment